Sunday, May 11, 2014

Scrapbook Megameet Recap

Hello Friends,

Happy Mother's Day!  I hope you are all having a Mother's Day week-end to remember!  I know I am.  My youngest son, woke me up this morning to breakfast in bed...waffles and fruit.  He is always so very thoughtful.  I also got hugs, kisses and a card from my husband and our two sons.  Plus, I
just got back last evening from the Scrapbook Megameet in Novi, Michigan!  This show never disappoints!  This show has been around for 15 years...so amazing!  This show offers a wide variety of vendors for card makers, scrapbookers, paper crafters, and even jewelry makers.  Usually when I go, I just shop until I drop.  But this time around, I took advantage of taking one of the many fabulous classes offered.  I took the Book Binding 101 class offered by Melissa Frances; and guess who the instructor was, Melissa Frances!  This class was so awesome;  I've always wanted to learn how to bind a book.  I love journals and I want to create some that are all my own.  Currently, I take a plain journal and alter it, which is cool, but I want to be involved from the very beginning of production.  I am so excited about this new crafting endeavor.  I know I said the class was awesome, but in case you can't tell, Melissa Frances was pretty amazing as well.  I'm looking forward to checking her out on My Craft Channel for additional instruction and taking more classes from her at future Scrapbook Megameets!  Oh!  I almost forgot to mention; I won a door prize from class; one of Melissa's fabulous packages of resin embellishments (birdcage, bird, nest with eggs).  Guess who attended the show with me; no, not my mom, sister, or girlfriends, but my wonderful, supportive, husband, George!  Everytime I go to this show, he willingly comes.  He's so adorable carrying my bags.  I tried to get him to do a make n take, but he turned me down nicely (LOL).  We love to see all the reactions from the shoppers, 99.999% are women.  He's usually the only male on the floor who is not a vendor.  He gets all kinds of compliments, like, 'wow he's so patient'; 'he's a keeper';  'he willingly comes?'; 'he comes every time with you?'  The male vendors usually joke around with him, and he takes it all in stride.

A few weeks back, I met the amazing Dyan Reaveley at the Adventures in Stamping Convention in Akron, Ohio.  I watched her demo how to create an art journal page with her products!  She was so inspiring.  She had some wonderful ideas.  Guess what!  I've always wanted to create an art journal, too!  Her products are so cool!  She offers stencils, spray inks, stamps, art journals, and an instructional manual for art journaling.  Her art journal is incredible; it comes in two different sizes.  I bought the large one.  I can't wait to ink it up!  I will share my pages here on my blog.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment