Friday, October 3, 2014

Friends with Flair October 3, 2014

Hello there friends,

Today I am sharing a burlap utensil holder I made for someone throwing a rustic birthday party.  I am submitting it for Friends with Flair over at the Unity Stamp Company blog.   She gave me the colors she wanted to use...this purple and gold really rocks!  Has such a regal look about it!  Hmmm...going to have to use this color combination on future projects.  First I took a wood tag and painted it purple.  I then applied gold paint using a paint dauber to the stamp of circles.  I stamped the circle image at the top and at bottom of the wood tag.  The sentiment was stamped in versamark ink and embossed with white opaque embossing powder on gold paper.  I then used an oval cutter.  The leaf was die cut from gold embossed paper and coated with a little of the purple paint.  The leaf is attached to the sentiment with a wood clothespin.  The sentiment is attached to the tag with foam adhesive.  The entire tag was adhered to the burlap bag with Glue Lines.  The circle stamp is from Unity's June 2014 Layers of Life (Beautiful Wish) and the sentiment stamp is from Unity's October 2014 Sentiment Kit (today, I am thankful). 

She wanted a monogram on the bag too, so I added the letter 'W' to a birch disc.

Have a wonderful week-end!

Keep crafting in love and peace,
Dawn


 

12 comments: