Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rustic Photo Display Board with Clotheslines

Hello Friends!  Yesterday I finished this rustic photo display/message board.  It features a collage of heavyweight pattern paper, wood clothespins, heavy twine to hang pictures, reminders, or messages from, metal flower, metal brad, burlap trim, fabric trim and even a galvanized envelope to stick messages in.  I found the wood frame at Hobby Lobby.  It was on clearance.  I'm always looking for items to repurpose or alter.  This was the perfect canvas.  I covered the inside of the frame with two coats of gesso.  I then applied different sizes of pattern paper pieces to create a collage.  I used Mod Podge to create the collage.  I found the galvanized envelope at Michael's.  At first, I was not sure what I was going to use the metal envelope for, but then I decided it would look perfect on this board.  In fact, I thought I was going to put several of these on the board, but Michael's no longer had them in stock.  Plan B:  add clotheslines.  I think the clotheslines and metal envelope compliment each other nicely.  Please take a look and let me know what you think.  As always thanks for visiting...Dawn








2 comments:

  1. This is a great altered project, Dawn. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete