Saturday, November 7, 2020

Friends of Unity Blog Hop, November 2020, Backgrounds

 Welcome back! I am ashamed to say that I have numerous background stamps that have not even seen ink. Maybe we, the Friends of Unity, should have this cue every month next year so I can ink them up. Ha, Ha. I'm not serious. Or am I? Seriously though, the Unity Stamp Co. has been coming out with some amazing background stamps as of late. Here is our November graphic:


my first card:







Yeah yeah I know this is not one of the new backgrounds, but I just had to use this sunflower stamp. To create this background, the sunflower was stamped randomly on a page ripped out of a vintage book. I colored the flowers with Prismacolor colored pencils and Faber Castell colored pencils. Different paints were used for the paint splatters. There's just something about paint splatters that makes me happy. I then stamped the sentiment on pattern paper and layered it with the top of a burlap tag. The sunflower is from the March 2014 Layers of Life called spring inspired. Sentiment is from Autumn Dream.

Second card:


I am not totally happy with how this card turned out, but at least I used one of the newer background stamps! Yay me! This beauty was created by our very own Jeanie Hays. Jeanie, thanks for creating amazing stamps for Unity. I have more of your designs waiting to see ink. When I first saw this stamp, I just had to have it. I colored this stamp with Prismacolor colored pencils and Faber Castell colored  pencils too. This stamp is from the set, Autumn Stoop. This one is a must have.

Don't leave yet! Go check out the rest of the hop. I promise you will be inspired. 





me



Well that's a wrap. Thank you for your continued support. Until next time my friends, keep crafting in love and peace.

39 comments:

  1. My favorite is the sunflower ,love how you made your own background!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I really enjoyed creating this background!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Dawn! I really love the first one with the sunflowers... such a fab combo for a gorgeous background!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great, but I think I like the sunflower one best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glennis! I always appreciate your support!

      Delete
  4. I love the vintage feel of both of these; they're beautiful. I love text so I really love the sunflower card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! I love text too! Thanks for your continued support!

      Delete
  5. Lovely cards. The
    sunflowers are so
    pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. I love sunflowers too, but I really love your steps decorated for fall. So cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that sunflower card is just stunning Dawn! Thanks for sharing! Vannessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sunflowers, and that little bit of burlap Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cards are gorgeous. I passed on the stairs stamp in my order, but may have to place another order.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reminder that we can always make our own background with multiple stamping of a single stamp. That one always slips my mind. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Thank you for your continued support!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous cards! I really love the rustic country style of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. That staircase card came out perfectly in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Linda! I would love to send it to you. Just message me in FB your address and I will gladly send to you.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful cards and you know I love sunflowers (Kansas girl).

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Thank you for your continued support!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful sunflower and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Dawn! I love Sunflowers! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha! Thank you for your continued support!

      Delete
  16. Beautiful cards! I love fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love the Sunflowers, but I am a bit obsessed I planted them for the first time this year and they were beautiful. Placing them on vintage is gorgeous. The pumpkin staircase is very sweet, you're too hard on yourself. Wondering if you use gamsol with these fancier pencils or are they watercolor. Just learning pencils. Lovely cards. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much Carol. I did not use gamsol. I used a Prismacolor blending pencil. I used regular colored pencils, not water color pencils on these cards. I love working with pencils, both colored and water color.

      Delete
  18. Amazing cards! I LOVE the sunflowers stamped on that vintage paper. Just lovely. And love the design and details on the 2nd card. Love that stoop! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much Kim! Happy Holidays to you as well!

    ReplyDelete