Saturday, April 3, 2021

Friends of Unity Blog Hoppers, April 2021, Birds and Bees

Welcome friends! A new month, a new hop! Even though I usually do not use birds or bees in my creations, I am so excited for this hop. I am embracing this challenge. Let's go! Here is our beautiful cue:




I wanted to make two cards for this hop, but after ten takes on this one, and not totally satisfied with the results, I decided it was time to call it quits. LOL!!! 

Let me preface this card by saying, I love the look of layered stamps. And when you layer stamps you really don't have to color, unless you want too.




I have a question for the bird lovers out there. Is this a hawk? I see hawks in my neighborhood from time to time. They are so beautiful. I'm going to let you in on a little secret; I am absolutely terrified of birds. LOL. I freak out if they get too close. I love to admire their beauty from a distance. 

Three kits were used in the creation of this card. The background stamp which was inked with a light blue color is from the August 2020 SMAK KIT, you are my people. I stamped it twice. This is a gorgeous stamp set. Perfect for nature themed cards. I then stamped the bird in dark brown ink. The bird comes from the same set. I stamped the sentiment in the same brown ink. The sentiment comes from the September 2020 SMAK KIT, everything is up to you, another gorgeous kit. The branch stamp was then stamped in the dark brown ink as well. This stamp comes from the February 2020 Kit of the Month, timeless. I felt the card needed more, at least a little more color, so I added a couple of pieces of washi, a mini wood frame, and Nuvo drops. I love the pop of pink from the washi tape. 

Make sure you keep on hopping:

Crystal





me




Thanks so much for hopping with us! See you again next month!

Keep crafting in love & peace,
Dawn

32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Dawn!! I love the colors and the layers of stamps. I'm so glad you didn't give up... it's truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I’m not sure if that’s a hawk but your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! Others have said it is a type of falcon.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredible,I can look at this card and find new details every time. I really love everything about it and the soft colors complement the fine lines. The frame around the bee is so creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a Peregrine Falcon!! My hubby calls me a bird nerd. I love to watch the live cameras on all sorts of wildlife and the falcons are all nesting right now. Anywho - I absolutely L*O*V*E this card. It's like a piece of art that should be hanging on the wall. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so very much Becca! Thank you, too, for the bird info. I truly appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful images! Love the falcon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Falcon
    card! Great layering.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your stamped layers came together beautifully! I like that idea as sometimes I just don't feel like coloring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I like how you framed the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many small details on this beauty! So much interest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Becca, it appears to be a Peregrine Falcon! I absolutely love it though! Any bird nerd like Becca or me would love to receive such a beautiful card!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, and I love how you used that tiny little chipboard frame to show off the bee. I agree that this doesn't need any extra coloring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! There's so much to look at with all those lovely layers and textures! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete