Saturday, August 7, 2021

Friends of Unity Blog Hop, Let's Go For A Ride, August 2021

By now you have heard the exciting news, April Sarandea has joined us. We are all so excited to have her aboard. Her creations are always so beautiful. Love her sweet vibes. WELCOME April!

 I can't believe it's August. Where did the summer go? I know we still have a few weeks of summer left, but geesh. I hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing summer. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? Mine is going to the ocean. I also love to go on bike rides, even though I really haven't done this, this summer. Luckily I still have a few weeks to squeeze it in. So, this leads to our cue for this month:



Who's ready to ride?

Here is my first card:







I used colored pencils and Gamsol on this card. The bicycle is from the March 2020 Kit of the Month, spring & things. I used the background stamp, floral blast, as my pattern paper. This background stamp is so pretty. So glad I purchased it in the swap. Both sentiments are from the Happy Retirement kit. I cut the happy retirement sentiment with the coordinating die. I just love the softness of this card. I have been seeing other cards with a soft color palette and wanted to give it a go.

Here is my second card, loaded with color:







I really love how this card turned out. It looks so peaceful and now I want a red sailboat. Haha! I always look through my Unity collection for the perfect sentiment to go with my stamped images. I think this one works. It comes from a Graciellie Design set, hey friend. The sailboat is from Sail with no Limits. Jeanie Hays created a beautiful set here. Zig Markers were used to color in the image.

Last, but not least, a fall card:




 
Three kits were used for this fall card. The truck is from Great Blessings. The leaf is from the September 2016 Kit of the Month, moments between moments. This is a beauty of a kit...great images and sentiments. The sentiment is fromd the August 2017 Kit of the Month, never be afraid. The images were colored with colored pencils and Gamsol.

So which card is your favorite? For me, it's a tie between the sailboat and truck. Probably because I just love color.

Here is the hop line up again if you need it:






me




Thanks for hopping with us! We really appreciate your support and your shared love for Unity Stamp Company. Take care my friends, See you next month!
Dawn



52 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Dawn!! I love the layers in the bicycle card... you are a master with paper layers!! The sailboat cards is so bright and beautiful!! But your last card with the truck is my fave... Fall and classic trucks... LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the cards - it would be hard to pick a favorite. I love the softness of the first card (including the background), the bright colours of the 2nd one and the vintage fall look in the 3rd card. And great sentiments for each card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love the subtle colors on your bike card, the rich colors on your sailing card and the warm fall tones on your truck card! There is so much inspiration!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards Dawn! I especially love the sailboat card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great cards but love the bicycle one with all the layering and the soft colors.
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so pretty! The layers are beautiful and those colors.... enjoy the summer, yah perfect cards to welcome fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these Dawn but so am always drawn to bicycle cards. Not sure why as my bike sits in the garage rafters 😂 Love your layering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! I love bicycle cards too!

      Delete
  8. Great cards Dawn, but I think the truck is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my favorite card is the truck with the pumpkins and leaves! It is so creative with the leaves at the top and the sentiment overlaping. Such a great card design! I also love how you showed three cards with different color palettes and mediums. The soft card is so sweet and pretty. The sailboat card is bold and full of strength and determination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Rachel! Love your words!

      Delete
  10. I love the design of layers on your first card; the vibrant colors on the sailboat card and the 3rd is also my favorite. Just love the overall look of it. Wonderful array of cards, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the retirement Card! If I picked a favorite this would be the one. The sailboat card is very colorful and relaxing. The fall card is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards. Your coloring is all great. The sailboat is so vibrant as others have mentioned. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love the boat! Awesome color choices for all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do Jeanie! Haha! Thanks for creating such a beautiful stamp! Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  14. Delightful cards and
    I love the bicycle one!
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the different layers you use on your cards. The colors you chose, and the little details on each of your cards. That sailboat card is amazing and I love the truck too! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! I love the truck loaded with pumpkins! Awesome colors on your boat scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all so beautiful and I love them all. The sailboat card looks so peaceful that I might pick that as just a little bit more favorite, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really great cards... I especially love the bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dawn your cards, are just amazing!!!!! I think that truck has become a fave of mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All 3 cards are amazing, but I have to pick the bicycle as my favorite. Great idea paring the bike with the retirement sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really love all three of your cards and how different they are. IF I had to choose a favorite I think it would be the pretty bicycle card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards! I LOVE that red sailboat...and all of the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all your cards, but the one with the bicycle is such a clever retirement design that I'll go with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute and colorful cards. I love the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your cards. It is hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards! I love all of the detail you’ve added. I like the contrast between the softer colors on the first card, and the bold colors on the sailboat card. It would be hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete