Saturday, June 4, 2022

Friends of Unity Blog Hop, June 2022, Masculine

 I can't believe it's June already. Where does the time go? I hope summer does not fly by too fast. The big holiday this month is Father's Day. How fitting our cue is Masculine. I love making cards for the guys. Check out our graphic:

I love this in black and white. Before you check out my cards, I want to announce the winner of my prize from last month's hop. Drum roll, please...stampingsueinconnecticut you are my winner! Woot! Woot! You won the Monster Hugs Kit. Congratulations! Please message me on FB.

Here is my first card:





Isn't this lion gorgeous? The lion, sentiment, and arrow are from the July 2020 SMAK KIT, ptotect the ones you love. This lion is stunning! I can't believe I have not made a card with him sooner. I colored him with Zig markers and Faber Castell colored pencils. I know that SMAK KITS are no longer offered as a membership, but if there are enough requests, maybe Unity will do a breakout kit. You have to have him...just sayin'! 

Card #2:





The Jeep, sentiment, and tire marks are from Scout Adventure, one of my favorite sets by Unity. The lined paper is from jot it down background. The background stamp inked in spiced marmalade is called around we go. This is an awesome background stamp I acquired in the swap. The sentiment at the bottom of the card was cut from pattern paper. I really love how this card came together. This card is perfect for his birthday, retirement, and more.

Card #3:








Yesss! I just had to stamp this gorgeous lion again! I had this idea to stamp on kraft and to use white colored pencil. I have also been wanting to combine this sentiment with the lion. I absolutely love how it turned out. The sentiment is from the December 2018 Kit of the Month, best friend till the end. 

Oh! Did I mention I am giving away another stamp set this month. Up for grabs is September Girl. All you have to do is comment on all our blogs to be eligible to win.

Here is the hop order once again in case you lost your way:

Crystal

Amber

Eileen

Dawn B.

Rachel

Kim

me

Colleen

Alaine

Joyce

Robyn

Whew! This was a long post! Thanks for staying!  See you next month! Again, thanks for supporting the Friends of Unity. We appreciate each and everyone of you.

Toodles,

Dawn

33 comments:

  1. Wow, Dawn!! I just love all of your cards... the lion cards are amazing!! The last one is so awesome with the pop of white!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love the lion image. He is incredible and so perfect for this month. so cool how you made two cards with the same image and have completely different looks and feels to them. Amazing! The first one is so strong and powerful the way you colored him and the second is so light and hopeful with the light highlights. I can't choose a favorite! The jeep card is too cool and the sentiments are spot on. Love the bright color you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards but I love the old Scout with all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guy cards! Love that awesome lion image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love all of these but have to say I think the jeep card is my favorite! The sentiment is definitely on point!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa!!! Your lion cards are just amazing!!
    Well done!!
    Fun Bronco card, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so very much Robyn! I thought it was a Jeep, but now that you mentioned Bronco, it looks like a Bronco, too!

      Delete
  7. Wow - that lion!! He is one awesome dude. lol And just beautiful. I do love him on the kraft with the white, but both are just awesome. And adore the lime green jeep - I always wanted a jeep as a teenager. Love all the details & dimension on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, my favourite is the one with the vehicle. Cheers, Glennis

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right that lion is gorgeous! Wonderful coloring. Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that lion stamp! I don't believe I have seen that one before. I may just have to look him up. Very nice looking cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that last
    Lion card, looks
    awesome! Great
    cards.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous lion cards and love the jeep.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Lion ones are over the top! Love the jeep also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lion is incredible Dawn!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete