Saturday, November 4, 2023

Friends of Unity November 2023 Blog Hop Slimline

Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween! It is such a fun and spooky holiday filled with adorable trick or treaters. We have a fun cue for you this month, Slimline. Here is our cool graphic:



I only have one card to share for this month's hop. My youngest son had a medical emergency this past Friday and I have caught a stupid cold. I am happy to say that my son is fine. With regard to this cold, I expect misery for the next day or two. Anywho, here is my slimline creation:





I LOVE HER! She is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy I purchased her from a fellow card maker. Unfortunately, I was unable to find her on the Unity site, so I don't know if that means she has been retired. She is a huge stamp, 3.5" x 7". She is from a set called Eva. This set is a Donna Downey Studios and Unity Stamp Co. collab. Maybe, she is available on Donna's site, if you are interested. 

To create this card, I used water color paper. I first inked a stencil with Tim Holtz Oxide ink pads. The stencil is from a Colorful Life Designs. It is called flower overlay. I then stamped Eva over the stenciled image. I colored her with Prima water color pencils. The water color piece was cut with a Gina Marie die. I stamped a sentiment at the bottom. The sentiment and hearts are from the April 2019 Sentiment Kit, don't give up. This, too, is a beautiful set of stamps.

Well, thanks for hopping with us. We always appreciate your support. Here is the hop list once again if you need it:








Colleen

me



Take care,

Dawn

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Dawn! Love this gorgeous stamp and your beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Dawn, and beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is amazing and your card is beautiful. What trooper you are to create and hop while sick. Glad your son is ok and hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, thankful he is alright. I feel your flu pain and have for 3 weeks now. Just starting to feel better. I'll say if someone coughs. RUN. This is a bad strain. She is very sasssssy, love the colors. Feel better and again Thank you Lord for being there for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling
    better soon. Your
    card is really pretty.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Dawn!!! Would love to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing card! Hope you and your son are both feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty--I like the stenciling and coloring. Hope you are all better now.

    ReplyDelete