Saturday, June 3, 2023

Friends of Unity June 2023 Blog Hop, Masculine

Man listen. Y'all know I love making some masculine cards. Thus, I am so excited for this cue. Peep the graphic:




I have been MIA for several months for both happy and sad reasons. But I'm back! I have missed hopping with my friends. I have missed YOU! The last time I participated in a FOU hop was February 2023. In that post, I mentioned a prize. Sorry for the late notice, but Jen R., you are my winner.  Please send me an email at camdyl@msn.com to claim your prize. I am giving a prize for this hop as well, so make sure you leave a comment on all our blogs.

Here is my first card. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SECOND CARD IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF SOME PROFANITY






Three Unity stamp sets were used on this card. First, the bull, is from Take No Bull. Second, the background was created using Barn Wall. I placed a chicken coop wire sticker over the barn wall stamp. Finally, the sentiment. The sentiment is not from a kit. Several years ago, Unity offered individual sentiments in a sale. This sentiment was an add on to Take No Bull if I remember correctly. The 'remember this' was cut from Tim Holtz ephemera. A strip of pattern paper was placed over the sentiment. The bull was layered over a frame die cut. The two metal hearts are Prima and the other three metal pieces are Tim Holtz.

Second and final card. NO PROFANITY ON THIS ONE






Three Unity stamp sets were also used on this card. First, the background was created using all the stamps from Woodland Layers. Second, is Forrest Guy. Finally, the sentiment is from Happy Retirement along with the coordinating die. I used colored pencils and Gamsol on the sky and lake. Forrest Guy was colored with Prima water color pencils. The die cut with the mountains and sentiment is from Pink Paislee. I think Unity should make something similar into a stamp. Hint! Hint!

Well, I'm the last stop in the hop, but if you need the order again, here it is:

Crystal

Amber

Kim

Jane

Tammy

Colleen

Bobbie Sue

April

Rachel


Gaylynn

Thank you so much for visiting all our blogs. We appreciate all of you and your support of our monthly blog. 

See you next month,

Dawn


32 comments:

  1. These are super fun masculine cards in different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.... these are fabulous cards, Dawn! I am so bad you are back for another hop! Love love love the first card! So much amazing texture! I love the window and the background and the chicken wire... it's all so perfect together! And your last card is amazing! The background scene and the colors are wonderful! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Crystal! It's great to be back!

      Delete
  3. Such fun cards and gret colours too

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both PERFECT masculine cards!!!
    Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! I love your backgrounds and scenes. Just fabulous cards! Thanks for the inspiration. Please update my link, the one you have listed is my old one to 2022. Here is the new link thx: https://mykraftkloset.weebly.com/blog/friends-of-unity-masculine-blog-hop-giveaways1535307

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back
    and fun cards. Love
    the second card.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards! I love Forrest Guy - he looks just like my hubby. lol And the Highland cow is my fave type of cow/bull. They are so pretty and I love their long hair. lol I love the design of that card, too. Really awesome. (And welcome back!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Becca! It's great to be back!

      Delete
  8. Glad you are back and hopefully more happy than sad reasons! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meghan! It's wonderful to be back!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful guy cards! Glad to see your post and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards! I love the forest scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I am so very happy you are back. Both of your cards are awesome. Love the take no bull message and images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Meg! It is great to be back!

      Delete
  12. Great cards! I really love the scene you created on the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The retirement card is perfect!! Your fuzzie cow card is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards. I like the second because it reminds me of my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love these! I love both, but my favorite is definitely the first one!

    ReplyDelete