Hello, how are you? I was M.I.A. last month. The hubs and I went to Hilton Head Island for the very first time. We will be back. The beaches were amazing and the food, woah, so delicious.
Our cue this month is Grunge. I love grunge! What about you?
Here is my card:
I had the most fun creating this card. It was quite simple to make and zero coloring. To create the background, I tapped a distress ink pad directly onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water, then smooshed it onto water color paper, and blotted with a napkin. I learned this technique by watching Katie Pertiet videos on Instagram. I used 4 different colors, one at a time. I then stamped this gorgeous moth, moon, and stars image from the June 2024 Kit of the Month, whisper of summer. I feel it has a grungy vibe to it. Underneath I stamped the sentiment which is from the March 2018 SMAK Kit, normal is boring. At the top of the card, I stamped an image from the August 2019 SMAK Kit, soul reflection. More grunge was added by layering ripped pieces of paper (Grit & Grace) to the top and bottom. The edges of the panel were distressed with ink as well as the ripped pieces.
I really wanted to make another grungy card using flowers, but as usual. time got away from me.
Well folks, that's a wrap. I'm the last stop in our hop. To start from the very beginning, click on Crystal's name. As always, thanks for hopping and supporting us. We truly appreciate it.
See you next month,
Dawn
Beautiful card, Dawn! I love the torn paper layers and that moth is one of my faves! Fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card I love it and yay for no coloring!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your card, Dawn…as always! I do miss the SMAK kits…perfect for grunge!
ReplyDeleteLove the torn papers and gorgeous moth!
ReplyDeleteYor card is great, I love all the different elements
ReplyDeleteLovely card and
ReplyDeleteGreat grunge look.
Carla from Arizona