Saturday, July 7, 2018

Friends of Unity Blog Hoppers, July 2018, Christmas in July

Well hello there!  Thanks for stopping by today!  We, the friends, are getting a jump on our Christmas crafts.  You are at the end of our hop.  I hope you have been enjoying all the fabulous creations.  Please make sure to leave a comment on each blog to be eligible for a prize pack from a couple of my friends.  Here is the cue:

Image may contain: text

I decided to make a tag for this hop.  I don't really make a lot of tags, but I wanted to challenge myself.  I want to make more tags because there's just so much you can do with them.  So here we go:







This tag is loaded with layers of stamps, a sentiment, sparkly ribbon, ruffled ribbon, beaded berries, a Christmas flower, a jingle bell, a green jewel, twine, shiny string, and some shiny dots.  I received the sentiment in a Unity grab bag.  Love their grab bags!  Just saying!  I also received the jingle bell, the green jewel, shiny dots, and shiny string as free gifts from Unity.  The flower is Prima.  Sparkly red ribbon is My Mind's Eye.  Ruffled ribbon is Hobby Lobby and beaded berries are Tim Holtz.

Here is how I created the layers of stamps on this kraft tag:  first I stamped the snowflake background from the October 2017 SMAK Kit.  It was stamped three times.  The first two times I stamped it in brushed corduroy (Tim Holtz).  The last one at the bottom was stamped in vintage photo (Tim Holtz).  I then grabbed the snowflake background from the November 2011 KOTM.  I stamped it repeatedly using white paint (Dylusions).  I then grabbed the Christmas flower from the November 2010 KOTM.  I stamped it six times in Real Red (Stampin' Up).  I then highlighted the centers of several flowers with green dimensional paint (Art Anthology).

I then die cut the stamped sentiment using a stitched die (Our Daily Bread).  I then added the ribbon.  I painted the berries with the same green on the flower centers.  They were glued down after drying and then I added the sparkly flower on top.  And last but not least I added some shiny dots.

Whew!  Yes, a lot went into creating this tag, but it was well worth it.  I think it came out just right.  Well, if you like to hop again, here is the list...remember, giveaways!

 https://inkedbyeileen.blogspot.com/.../friends-of-unity...
https://crystalominkler.blogspot.com/.../friends-of-unity...
https://whatsbrewinfromrobynsnest.blogspot.com/.../christ...
https://joycielcreations.blogspot.com/.../friends-of...
https://thewashihorse.blogspot.com/.../friends-of-unity...
https://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/.../friends-of...


Keep crafting in love and peace,
Dawn

73 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, Dawn!! I love the rustic feel of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and festive, Dawn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right. What wonderful layers and textures on your tag. Glad you pushed yourself to try something new to you...I'd say it came out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, Dawn! I love everything about it... the flowers, the layers, and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pieces to this... it’s beautiful! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful tag - you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely. Love all the layers, the flowers, and design. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tags! Thanks So much for the inspiration!I love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag Dawn, love all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tag is great! Isn't it fun to use the freebies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! Yes it is fun to use the freebies!

      Delete
  11. I'm with you I don't make tags either! I always want to make them for Christmas but run out of time!! Love the vintage look of your tag it turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous this are a gift themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tag is AHHHMAZING! I love all the lovely layers and detail. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! In my Christmas tags are simple in comparison. I love the old vintage feel. <3
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful tag!!! They are addicting!! Tags are my favorite!! So many things they can be used for from gift tags to bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise! I’m hoping to create gift sets with them.

      Delete
  16. Your Kraft tag is beautiful. I love how the white ink shows off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dawn!!!! When I saw your tag I said, " oh wow!!!" Very, very pretty! Awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a gorgeous tag Dawn!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the addition of the jingle bell! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That tag is gorgeous! I love the layers and different colors. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the idea of doing a tag for the hop instead of a card. This gives me tag ideas now instead of the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful details on your tag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, love me some tags! Have you ever adhered them to a card base with Velcro so they can be pulled off and used as a bookmark?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely tag! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the layers and colors in your tag. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! The embellishments bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE tags and love your tag. I host a tag making weekend every year with my family and friends. You should see what we come up with haha. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Your tag making weekend sounds like a lot of fun!

      Delete
  28. Very pretty. I don't make many tags either but like these.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous tag! Love the texture, depth and fabulous shine.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Christmas tag is so BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow !! You’re right ! So much work on this tag but I agree, it worth it ! It’s perfect for Christmas. For somebody who wanted to challenge herself, it didn’t look like it was so hard for you ! 😂
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete