Friday, June 5, 2020

Growing in Unity Week, Day 5

Welcome back my friends! This post is going up later than expected. My entire sleep pattern has been off since this pandemic began. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. I can't believe today is my final day of Growing in Unity. Thanks Unity for this amazing opportunity and thanks friends for visiting, and leaving comments filled with love and encouraging words. I appreciate each and every one of you. Today I am sharing a card. If you remember from my bio, I love going to the beach. It is definitely my happy place. I thought it would be fitting to share one of my favorite beach theme stamps from Unity. I fell in love with this Phyllis Harris stamp when it first came out and I'm embarrassed to say that this is my first time using it. I only used two stamp sets for this creation, The beach scene is from the Phyllis Harris & Unity set realize and the sentiment is from the Unity January 2018 SMAK Kit called the ocean is calling.






I used acrylic paint, ink spray, water colors, and water soluble oil pastels to color the beach scene. I finished the card off with ephemera, twine, and a metal charm. Be sure to leave a comment for your last chance to be eligible for free stamps from Unity. I can't wait to see who the winners are. Have a wonderful weekend. I hope to see all of you again soon! The ocean is calling and I must go for now.

Peace & Love everyone,
Dawn

31 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is lovely...now I want to go to the beach - LOL!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And what a beautiful week Dawn thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Love this stamp and all your little details. Just lovely. Thanks for the inspiration all week! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, it is kind of wistful, there is a longing to it. Some cards are beautiful or pretty or cute and we love them, other cards tell a story - this card tells a story. Thanks for a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful stamp and your card is too! I love that you used acrylic paints. I will try this out. I also love the embellishments - they are perfect for the card. I also sometimes don’t use my most favorite stamps. I love to look at them new and “save” them for a little while! Thank you for your week of inspiring ideas. Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!!! I love the beach too, when I wa a kid we used to go there often for a walk!! Love the metal charm, give a nice touch!
    Thank you for a week of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very soothing and pretty! I love Phyllis Harris designs - don't we all?! And the textures you added really add pleasing interest to this beauty. Thanks for the week of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beach is my happy place too! Awesome card! Thanks for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card and your embellishments set the whole thing off perfectly! Love that loopy yard! Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us all week! It was fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tranquil card! This is a favourite stamp of mine too.😊 Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations this week!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the scene and the sentiments. I have a sweatshirt that says the same thing about the mountains. Thank you for sharing your creativity this week. When I get my craft room back (when our son moves out) I'm planning to make an inspiration hanging like you made earlier in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can relate. I have this stamp and haven’t used it yet. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! (I do love the beach, too!) I've really enjoyed your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are quite the artist. Your card is beautiful and very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the beach, too, Dawn! this is so soothing, and sweet!
    TFS!!
    Awesome week my friend!!!
    See you tomorrow for FOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Absolutely Love this card. Need this stamp. Thanks for a very special week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You ended with a really beauty Dawn. Thanks so much for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have used this stamp once and I am unable to make it as beautiful as my mind envisioned it. One of my first stamp purchases . You did an excellent job thank you for sharing your talent with others.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card, and thank you for a great week

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card and great stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful! A fantastic card to end your GIU week! Thank you so much for sharing your crafty love this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!!! What a lovely beach card!!! I love the atmosphere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great to see your work all week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful scene created! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful scenic stamp....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How gorgeous your card
    is! Have enjoyed all your
    lovely creations all week.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete