Saturday, June 6, 2020

Friends of Unity Blog Hoppers, June 2020, Wings

Hello friends! Welcome back to our monthly hop! I am so excited for this hop because the cue involves wings. If anyone knows me well, they know I love butterfly stamps. I think I have enough to last a lifetime. I also love feather stamps. Anywhoo, check out this amazing cue:

No photo description available.

So cool, right?

Here is my card:














 I fell in love with this mixed media journal page I discovered on Pinterest. I thought something  similar would also look amazing on a card. To create this card, I first stamped the hollyhocks from the Donna Downey/Unity Hollyhocks set. I  then stamped a portion of She Script right on top of the flowers. This She Script stamp is from Christy Tomlinson and Unity. I could not find it on the Unity website, so I'm guessing it has been retired or discontinued. Using my finger, I then rubbed silver metallic ink randomly over the stamped image. I then took a brush and added a blue dimensional  paint by Art Anthology. I then applied crackle paste in a couple of spots. I applied a thin layer, but you can still see the crackling somewhat in my pictures. The butterfly is from the Unity April 2017 Kit of the Month, be my bird. I stamped and then cut it out. Again using my finger, I rubbed silver and gold metallic ink on different parts of the butterfly. I then applied blue dimensional paints with a brush. I then used my finger again to add gold metallic ink randomly on the card. After everything dried I used pop dots on the butterfly and placed it over some Prima wax cord.

I really love how this card came out. I think I will use this design on a future journal page. I will share once I have it finished.

Well, that's all I have today. Please keep moving through the hop and check out all the amazing inspiration from my lovely friends. And remember, we love reading all of your comments on all of our posts.

Crystal

Eileen

Dawn

Kim

Robyn

me

Amber

Joyce

Until next time my friends,
Dawn

49 comments:

  1. Beauty!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love a script on anything; such a pretty look IMO. The butterfly is gorgeous and I love mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you placed the butterfly on top of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! I love the mix of stamps and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors
    of the butterfly
    and background.
    So pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool background for this pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning Dawn! That script stamp is awesome too bad it's not available any longer. I never knew Christy had stamps with Unity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vannessa! I have a few of her stamps she created for Unity.

      Delete
  9. I love how you combined these stamp sets. Seriously beautiful Dawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! So many new ideas in this one card!!! Amazing and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! The colors are wonderful, and I really like the mixed media aspect of it (my new love), especially the crackle texture paste.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the browns and blues together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I am partial to butterflies. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card...especially the colors combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! I love all the details and texture you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful color combo, design, and grouping of stamps. I love all of these together. It's just stunning, my friend. Yep, too bad that script is no longer available, it's amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your technique with metallic ink, dimensional paint and crackle paste give this card such an artsy look. I love the gorgeous result!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dawn this is so very beautiful! Jawdropping! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Dawn.... you know me...I’m so in love with your mixed media card!!! Great job on this...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card design is already amazingly beautiful, but the addition of metallic ink and all those layers give it such a magical look. So artsy and vintage, but with modern colors

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is a stunner; it looks like something I would create. Mmmm maybe this is a jumping point for me later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  23. Beautiful butterfly design! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete