Hey all! Welcome to this week's challenge which features browns, blues, and yellows. If you don't know already, I am a huge fan of Unity Stamp Co. I am also a big fan of Prima embellishments and stamps. I guess you can say I combined my two great loves in the creation of this card.
Here are the steps in creating this card:
(1) Rub an acqua dolce Gelato over mixed media paper. Dip your index finger in water and blend color.
(2) Rub a banana Gelato sparsely over the blue and blend with your wet finger. Apply banana to the sides and top of card and blend again with finger.
(3) Scribble some banana Gelato on your work mat (I use wax paper) and add water. Use a stipple brush to pick up color and splatter.
(4) Stamp the butterfly (Prima), sentiments (Unity), and ink spots (Unity) in a rich cocoa ink.
(5) Adhere this piece to light brown cardstock (American Crafts). Adhere to a white card base.
Oh, I'd like to mention that I am so very happy to have found this mixed media paper by Strathmore. It's 140lb. and has a very smooth surface. I had been using cold press water color paper and this does not have a smooth surface at all which made it difficult to work with.
I'm glad you stopped in. Please check out my photos and supply list and when you're done visiting the rest of the design team, come play with us at can you case it. We'll be waiting to see all of your lovely creations.
Card Base: 110lb white heavy weight cardstock (Core'dinations/Darice)
Brown Sugar cardstock (American Crafts)
Mixed Media Paper with vellum surface; 140lb (Strathmore)
Acqua Dolce Gelato (Faber-Castell)
Banana Gelato (Faber-Castell)
Butterfly stamp; Love Letter (Prima)
Sentiment stamps; Layers of Life Hope Discover Find (June 2015) (Unity Stamp Co.)
Ink spot stamp; Layers of Life Hope Discover Find (June 2015) (Unity Stamp Co.)
Ink for mixed media; Rich Cocoa (Memento LUXE)