Thursday, July 13, 2023

Growing in Unity July 2023, Day Four

This card happened totally by accident. I knew I was going to use the beach babe and I really wanted to incorporate the tropical scene. I thought I was going to stamp the tropical scene at the top of the card, but as I was removing ink from the tropical scene stamp by stamping it over and over at the bottom of the beach babe, I saw something that looked pretty cool. Here is the result:





So what do you think? I used two stamp sets on this card. The sentiment and woman are from, look out beaches, by Jessica Pickeral. The tropical image is from a throwback Kit of the Month, June 2010, fly free. I have always loved this scene and 13 years later, it finally sees ink. That's a totally different subject, but long story short, I shop so much faster than I create.

The card base is a heavy weight, white card stock. The images and sentiment were stamped on water color paper. The tropical scene was colored with Art Anthology sprays and some Prima water colors. She was colored with Prima water colors. Background was created using a Prima water color and an Art Anthology spray. Some jewels were added for a finishing touch.

Thanks for coming back! I am enjoying all the generous comments. I appreciate each and every one. Thanks for hanging out again. See you tomorrow for my last day of Growing in Unity.

Dawn


9 comments:

  1. Very colorful! And I can certainly relate to "I shop so much faster than I create!" --Chris Shuman

    ReplyDelete

  2. A great concept! The whole design is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love how you used the 2 different sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Beautiful card I love that image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun summer card! I love the design and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I shop faster than I can create, too. I view it as three hobbies: buying supplies, organizing supplies, and using supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, awesome water coloring! This is gorgeous and so full of life. <3

    ReplyDelete