Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Poppies on Black Journal

Hello!  Just 8 more days 'til Christmas!  Are you finished shopping? Or are you like me and still have plenty of shopping to do?  I also have to buy and prepare food for Christmas dinner.  AAHHH!  Dawn, you gotta get it in gear, girlfriend.

Well, nothing like a little crafting to destress.  Is this even a word?  I'm not sure, but I'm rolling with it!  I have had this black Moleskine journal lying around my craft room begging to be transformed.  I also have had these Poppy stamps by Donna Downey Studios and Unity Stamp Co. begging to be inked up.  The name of this stamp set is donna poppies.  The sentiment is also a Donna Downey and Unity Stamp Co. creation.  It is from the imperfection is beauty set.

Well, voila!  I grabbed some white chalk ink, my poppy stamps, and sentiment stamp and got busy!  I am so pleased with how this journal turned out.  I did use a heat gun to set the chalk ink to prevent smearing.  I also used a brown Spica pen to add some sparkle to the poppies. 

Again, I ask myself, "Self, why haven't you used these poppy stamps before?  They are gorgeous!  I'm looking forward to using them on future projects, i.e. home decor projects.

As always, thanks for visiting my blog.  It means a great deal to me!

Keep spreading the joy of creating,

Dawn




No comments:

Post a Comment