Friday, May 2, 2014

Friends with Flair May 2, 2014

First, I want to send a shout out to my big sis, "Happy Birthday, Cassie.  Love you bunches!"  We're going out to dinner tomorrow night with the fam!  I'm so looking forward to it...we're going to Brio's; love that place!  It just so happens it's one of her favorite spots as well.

Guess what day it is!  Guess what day it is!  It is Friday, so that means I'm hanging with the Unity peeps at Unity Stamp Co. participating in their Friends with Flair.  Also, it is their sixth birthday, so make sure you all send them a shout out!  I already have, but I'm doing it again, "Happy Sixth Birthday, Unity!  Love you guys!  Appreciate all your hard work and inspiration!  What would I do without my Unity...I don't want to even go there!! 

I have a Mother's Day card that I want to share.  I really like how this one turned out.  I adhered a strip of burlap and a strip of pattern paper (Authentique) to a rectangular piece of pattern paper (Authentique).  I cut out a tag from blue pattern paper and attached it to the strip of pattern paper.  I wrapped twine (Pink Paislee) several times around this piece and attached a wood button (Michael's) which says 'Hello' to the tag.  Can I tell you how much I love this stamp with the flowers in the jar?  It has to be one of my favorites.  I stamped this image onto watercolor paper and colored it with some Stampin' Up watercolor crayons.  I added a little bit of sparkle to the tulips for more texture.  I then stamped the sentiment and trimmed it out.  Both stamps come from Unity's April 2014 Kit of the Month, Botanical Bliss.

Please take a look at the pics and have a fabulous week-end!

Keep crafting in love,

Dawn




No comments:

Post a Comment